SINGAPORE MINISTRY OF HEALTH PUBLIC HEALTH TRAVEL ADVISORY IN RESPONSE TO CASES OF NOVEL CORONAVIRUS IN CHINA
24 Jan 2020
23 JANUARY 2020
In view of the developing novel coronavirus situation in Wuhan and other parts of China and the travel restrictions China imposed on Wuhan, Huanggang and Ezhou, the Ministry of Health (MOH) advises Singaporeans to avoid travelling to the whole of Hubei Province. MOH also reminds the public to continue to exercise caution and pay attention to personal hygiene when travelling to the rest of China.
2. Travellers should adopt the following precautions at all times:
· Avoid contact with live animals including poultry and birds, and consumption of raw and undercooked meats;
· Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
· Observe good personal hygiene;
· Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
· Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose;
· Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
· Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell.
3. All travellers should monitor their health closely for two weeks upon return to Singapore and seek medical attention promptly if they feel unwell, and also inform their doctor of their travel history. If they have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose), they should wear a mask and call the clinic ahead of the visit.
4. Given the evolving situation and ongoing investigations in China, Singapore residents who need to travel to the affected areas are advised to regularly check MOH’s website (www.moh.gov.sg
) for updates. Travellers to China are also advised to stay vigilant, monitor developments and heed the advice of the local Chinese authorities while in China.
MOH's full advisory can be found at: https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/confirmed-imported-case-of-novel-coronavirus-infection-in-singapore-multi-ministry-taskforce-ramps-up-precautionary-measures
· 经常用香皂洗手 (例如：接触食物或吃东西前，如厕后，以及咳嗽或打喷嚏后手上沾有呼吸道分泌物的情况下);
4. 鉴于中国不断发展的形势和正在进行的调查，建议需要前往发生疫情地区的新加坡公民定期查看卫生部网站 (www.moh.gov.sg