- Application & additional forms
These forms are to be completed for an application made at Singapore High Commission in Wellington only. Please submit your application to:
Singapore High Commission
17, Kabul Street
Click Form IMM(E) 11 (OS) & Form P-28.3 to download the forms.
OR call the mission at (04) 470 0850 during office hours from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday only. Give your name and address to post the application forms.
Only a Singapore citizen may apply for a Singapore Passport
- Lost passport
If you have lost your passport, you must report the loss immediately to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority with a police report or statutory declaration. The passport reported lost will be invalidated with immediate effect and can no longer be used for travelling even if recovered subsequently. If you recover your lost passport, you must surrender the said passport to ICA for cancellation in person within 14 days. Failure to surrender such a recovered passport is an offence punishable by fine or imprisonment or both.
- Replacement fee
If your current passport is lost or damaged, an additional non-refundable fee of NZ$48.00 is payable for the first replacement and NZ$96.00 for each subsequent replacement. This is in addition to the passport fee.
Current Passport for cancellation, if any. (Please take note that the new & cancelled passport will be returned to the applicant).
- Paste one passport-sized photograph in the space provided on the top right hand corner of the form. The photograph must be in colour and shall be :
- Sharp and clear, 35mm wide by 45mm high without border and taken within the last 3 months;
- Taken full face with you looking directly at the camera with head straight and eyes open with no hair across and/or covering your eyes; Both edges of your face and the top of your shoulder must be clearly shown. You must not look over any shoulder and your head must not be tilted;
- Taken with the image of your face measuring between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crown of head;
- Taken without wearing any hat or other head covering, unless you habitually wear a hat or head covering in accordance with your religious or racial custom. If any such hat or head covering is worn, the photograph must still be a full frontal view of your head and shoulders, showing your facial features in entirety with eyes open and clearly visible;
- If you wear glasses, the photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses. The frames shall not cover any part of your eyes. Tinted glasses and sunglasses are not allowed;
- Taken with uniform lighting with no flash reflections, no shadows, no uneven bright spots on the face and no red eyes;
- Of white background, except that where if your hair, hat or head covering is white, the background must be light grey;
- The photograph must show you alone with no chair back, toys or other persons visible;
- The photograph must be printed on high quality paper at high resolution with a matt or semi-matt finish with no ink marks or creases.
- A copy of one or more of the following:
i. Identity Card
ii. Birth Certificate
iii. Citizenship Certificate
iv. Marriage Certificate
FOR MARRIED FEMALE APPLICANTS
Please be informed that ICA will use the name as entered in the National Registration Department in your new passport. If you want your married name to be included in your new passport you need to enclose a letter stating that you wish to use your married name in your passport and support this with a certified copy of your marriage certificate to support the name change.
Applicant should advise in writing, how they wish their married name to appear in the new passport.
- A photocopy of the police report, if the current passport is lost.
- The following photocopied documents are required for applicants who are below 15 years old and had changed name:
- Baptism or Religious certificate for insertion of religious name; if any
- Deed poll for change of name, including ethnic name, if any
The passport fee is NZ$77.00. Please take note that we only accept either in cash or bank cheque made payable to Singapore High Commission. No personal or company cheques are acceptable.
All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- Processing Time
All passport applications submitted overseas are processed in Singapore. The expected turnaround time is about 3 to 4 weeks, if all relevant documents are duly submitted.
All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- Fingerprint Image Capturing
Passport applicants who have been issued with a credit-card sized Identity Card (issued from 3 June 1991) and have not provided their fingerprint data at the point of application but are collecting their passports overseas will have their biometric passports encoded with the fingerprint data taken from their IC records.
- Collection of Passport
You may either collect the new passport in person or alternatively, send us a pre-paid courier bag.
- Change of Personal Data
In compliance with the International requirements for biometric passports used for international travel, requests to change your personal data, for example: photograph update, name change, etc reflected on your biometric passport will not be allowed. You will be required to apply for a new passport, subjected to the usual passport fee, if you wish to have your new personal data reflected in your passport.
- Passport Validity
The Singapore Passport is valid for 5 years for first time applicants. If you are renewing your passport which carries a remaining validity of 9 months or less, the remaining validity of your passport will be carried over to your new passport. In such a case, your new passport will have a validity period of 5 years, plus the remaining validity of your old passport up to a maximum of 9 months. However, if you are renewing a passport with more than 9 months validity, your new passport will carry a validity of 5 years and 9 months.
- Application via the Internet
You may also apply for a passport via internet if you have a photograph image file in JPEG format (‘jpeg’ extension) and a credit/debit card for online payment. The fee is SGD$70.00 and payment must be made by VISA or MASTERCARD Credit/Debit Card. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.ica.gov.sg.
17 Kabul Street
P. O. Box No. 13140, Johnsonville
Mondays to Fridays
9.00 am - 1.00pm and
1.45 pm - 5.00 pm
Visa Processing Hours: 9.00am - 1.00pm
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, National Day of Singapore and NZ Statutory Holidays )
For urgent consular assistance after office hours, please call us at 64 4 470 0850 to be directed to a Duty Officer.