Application forms can be downloaded for the Renewal of Re-Entry Permits or Application for Singapore Permanent Resident Status (for spouse/children of Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents). The forms can also be collected from the Embassy's Consular Section.
Electronic Re-Entry Permit (eREP)
- With effect from 2 January 2009, Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) can renew or transfer their Re-Entry Permit (REP) online via the Electronic Re-Entry Permit (e-REP) instead of doing so at the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Building.
- With the launch of e-REP, ICA has ceased to issue REPs in the form of endorsements or REP cards for all REP applications approved on/after 2 January 2009.
- All SPRs who are holding valid REPs and issued with SingPass accounts can apply to renew or transfer their REPs through e-REP. Those who do not have SingPass or whose REPs have expired will have to submit their REP applications personally at the Permanent Resident Services Centre (PRSC) located on the 5th storey of the ICA Building or through the Embassy or Consulate closest to where the SPR resides.
- Singapore Citizens or SPRs who have SingPass accounts can also use e-REP to submit REP renewal applications on behalf of their spouses and children. All renewal of REP will be capped at a maximum of 5 years.
- All current REP endorsements and REP cards issued prior to the launch of e-REP will remain valid until their expiry date, provided that they have not been cancelled or invalidated by ICA. For more details, please refer to the ICA website at http://www.ica.gov.sg.
Please note that a SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her PR status.
An overseas application should be submitted at least 2 months before the expiry of the current REP. This is to allow sufficient processing time. An overseas applicant whose spouse is a Singapore Citizen or SPR should furnish his/her spouse's Singapore identity card number and a copy of their marriage certificate to expedite processing.