The Embassy's Consular Section processes new applications and renewals of Singapore passports.
Applicants applying for a new or renewal of their passport at the Embassy should bring along the following:
- Duly completed applications forms (The forms are available at the Embassy or can be downloaded from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website)
- Original passport
- One passport size photograph
Completed application forms with the required supporting documents and contact details can be submitted to the Embassy from 9.30 am to 12.00 pm or 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm from Mondays to Fridays.
The applicant will be informed of the collection date when the Embassy has received the new passport from ICA, the issuing authority. Processing time is between 3 to 5 weeks. The applicant must collect the new passport at the Embassy in person.
- Processing Fee for First-Time Application / Subsequent Renewals
S$80 (5000 yen) for applications made at the counter
- If your current passport is lost or damaged, you are required to pay, in addition to the passport fee, either of the following non-refundable fees:
- S$50 (3130 yen) for the first replacement or.
- S$100 (6250 yen) for subsequent replacements.
Please note that we only accept payments in cash.
To avoid the hassle of travelling to the Embassy, Singaporeans may wish to apply or renew their passport online via ICA's Application for Passport On-Line Electronic System (APPLES). You will require a digital photo image file and valid credit card for payment purposes.
Applicants who apply online may collect their new passports at the Embassy. Please note that applicants will have to produce the required documents at the time of collection.
For more information on passport application and renewal, please click here.