Singaporeans in Japan with lost or stolen passports should do the following:
- Lodge a police report at the nearest police station (and not the Japanese "koban" or neighbourhood police) and obtain a copy of the police report or acknowledgement slip. The police station will normally issue a copy of the report. Please note that Japanese police officers may not be able to speak English.
- Contact the Embassy's general line at (03) 3586 9111/2 during office hours, or the Embassy's 24-hour duty handphone at (090) 3208 4122 after hour office hours and weekends.
- Visit the Embassy or nearest Consulate in Osaka or Nagoya to apply for a temporary travel document ("Document of Identity"). You will be required to provide the following:
- Japanese Police Report
- Proof of identity (for eg., Singapore identity card, driver's license, etc)
- One passport size photograph; and,
- Flight details to Singapore.
The processing fee for the issuance of the "Document of Identity" is 940 yen.