Entry visa is only applicable to the following categories
- Persons with approval letters for Singapore Permanent Residence issued by Singapore’s Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA);
- Persons with in-principle approval letters for the various types of passes to be collected at ICA or Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM), e.g. Work Permit, Employment Pass, Student’s Pass, Long-term Social Visit Pass, etc.;
- Persons who lost their Work Pass or Student Pass while in China.
Please produce the following documents in support of your application. Additional documents may be required when necessary.
- Passport with at least 6 months’ validity (calculated from the date of arrival in Singapore) and one blank visa page. A photocopy of the applicant’s passport bio-data page must be furnished.
- Form 14A. One set (Original) of duly completed form (in English) and signed by the applicant in person per application. Application form can be downloaded from our website at http://www.mfa.gov.sg/shanghai.
- Passport-size coloured photographs: Two sets (one to be affixed onto the Form and the other for scanning purpose). The photograph must meet the following requirements:
- Size: 2 inch, coloured, against white background and taken within the last 3 months;
- Taken full face without headgear (unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his/her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant’s features).
- PRC Identity Card: Photocopy of the identity card.
- Visa application fee (non-refundable). RMB 153 per application (please produce exact amount).
- One of the following documents applicable to the applicant:
- A copy of the approval letter for Singapore Permanent Residence issued by ICA;
- A copy of the in-principle approval letter from ICA or MOM for the various types of passes e.g. Work Permit, Employment Pass, Student’s Pass, Long-term Social Visit Pass, etc. ;
- A report issued by the local Public Security Authorities on the loss of the Work Pass or Student Pass (original & photocopy). A letter from the Singapore Company or School verifying the validity of your Work Pass or Student Pass as well as indicating your Fin Number (fax copy is acceptable).
- Letter of Authorisation is required if the applicant is unable to submit the application in person. The letter (in either English or Chinese) should indicate the name and identity card number of the authorised person, who should produce original and photocopy of the said identity card. Even if the same person is authorised to submit and collect the application, a separate letter has to be submitted during submission and collection.
- Visa Submission/Collection Time:
Monday to Friday: 9:00am – 11:00am (submission only)
Monday to Friday: 4:00pm – 4:30pm (collection only)
- Visa Processing Time:
At least 3 working days (including the day of submission).
- Visa Enquiry phone line
All applicants and local contacts are encouraged to read the details outlined here. If further clarification is required, please contact the Visa Enquiry line at Tel: +86-21-6278 5566.