Pregnant visitors who wish to travel to Singapore for delivery of their baby must pre-apply for a visit pass and/or visa at the Embassy.
Visitors should also check with their airlines concerning restrictions which the airlines may impose on pregnant travellers.
- Application form (Form 14) duly completed and signed (original, one per applicant). Forms are available free at the Embassy or can be downloaded online. Please ensure that you indicate the intended period of stay in Singapore in the application.
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph
- Original Passport. Please ensure that the passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the last day of your intended stay in Singapore.
- A Letter from your doctor stating your expected date of delivery, and the stage of your pregnancy
- A Letter of Undertaking from you stating that you will not claim Singapore citizenship for the child born in Singapore. The letter may be addressed to the Embassy.
- Letter from your Embassy or relevant authority of your home country indicating the nationality of the child will follow the parent for the child born in Singapore and that a travel document will be issued to the child.
- Marriage Certificate (Original and one photocopy)
- Letter of Sponsor (Form V39) from a local contact duly completed and signed. The local contact must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident. Forms are available at the Embassy on can be downloaded online.
- Photocopy of the local contact’s passport (details page) or identity card (front and back).
Applications must be submitted at the Embassy in person during office hours. Please telephone ahead for an appointment with the Consular Officer to submit your application. We apologise that the Embassy does not accept applications submitted by post.
No fee will be levied for the visit pass application at the Embassy.
If the application is approved, the visitor will be required to extend her social visit pass at Immigration & Checkpoints Authority after her arrival to the full validity of the approved pass. The fee for the extension is S$40 for a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issue.
Where applicable, the visa fee is US$20, payable at the time of application.
The normal processing time is 4 to 5 weeks provided the application dossiers are complete and no further verification is required. You should ensure that your travel plans allow sufficient time for the processing of your application.
Important Note on Security Deposit
If the application is approved, a security deposit of between S$1000 to S$3000 may be imposed on the local sponsor. The payment for the security deposit may be in the form of NETS or Cashier's Order. A duly completed Interbank Giro form is required to be submitted for refunding purpose. The security deposit will be refunded after it has been confirmed that both the mother and child have left Singapore and there is no breach of any of the conditions stated in the security bond.
For more information please visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.