For Singaporeans residing in the United States, there are two ways in which one can apply for a new Singapore Passport.
APPLYING AT THE SINGAPORE CONSULATE IN NEW YORK IN PERSON OR BY MAIL
- Your existing original Singapore Passport; [A police report or a notarised Statutory Declaration Form is required if passport is lost. If the passport is damaged, please send in the damaged passport for cancellation] Note: Your damaged or original existing passport will be cancelled and returned to you for retention upon the issuance of a new passport.
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph of the applicant meeting the following specifications:
- Sharp and clear, 35 mm wide by 45 mm high without border and taken within the last 3 months
- Taken full face with you looking directly at the camera with head straight
- Taken with the image of your face measuring between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crow of head
- Taken without wearing any hat or other head covering, unless you habitually wear a hat or head covering in accordance with your religious or racial custom. If any such hat or other head covering is word, the photograph must still be a full frontal view of your head and shoulders, showing your facial features in entirety with eyes open and clearly visible.
- If you wear glasses, the photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses. The frame shall not cover any part of your eyes. Tinted glasses and sunglasses are not allowed.
- Taken with uniform lighting with no flash reflection or shadow, no uneven bright spots on the face and no red eyes.
- Taken against a white background. However if your hair, hat or head covering is white, the background must be light gray.
- Ensure that only you are photographed with no chair, toys or other persons visible in the photograph.
- Be printed on high quality paper at high resolution with a matt or semi-matt finish with no ink marks or creases.
- Completed Singapore Biometric Passport Application Form (Form IMM (E) 11(OS))
- Additional Information Forms (Form P28.3)
- Photocopy of National Registration Identity Card
- If you are requesting for Inclusion of Married Name, please provide a photocopy of your Marriage ceritificate and complete the Change of Name form.
- Original (valid) Exit Permit (for male citizens who are 16½ years old and above).
- If your passport has expired for more than 3 years, please download and submit the completed additional documents.
|Biometric Passport Fee
||Payable for first-time application /
||Payable only if you have lost or damaged your passport for the first time
||Payable only if you have lost or damaged your passport for the second and subsequent times
||Payable only if you have lost your passport and a police report has not been made
Fees are subject to change without notice.
- For new applications, passport issued will be valid for 5 years. For renewal applications, passports issued will be valid for 5 years plus remaining validity. If the remaining validity of your passport exceeds 9 months, the validity upon renewal will be pegged at 5 years 9 months. If your passport has already expired, the new validity will be 5 years upon renewal.
- If you are unable to produce the document required, please provide an explanation in your covering letter.
- Processing time is approximately 3 to 4 weeks from the date of receipt of the complete application. As the issuance of the passport is done in Singapore, please allow enough time for processing.
- Applicants must present their old passport to the Consulate for cancellation upon receiving the new passport.
APPLICANTS RESIDING IN CANADA:
The Government of the Republic of Singapore is not responsible
for any document lost in the mail or transmitted through courier services.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will I receive my new passport?
The Consulate will inform the applicant once the passport is ready for collection. As such, please make sure to include all contact details, including cellphone, residence, office telephone numbers, and email address. Applicants will have to pick up their passports in person from the Consulate in New York. Please make sure to bring your old passport for cancellation.
Will I get my old passport back?
Yes. The Consulate will return the old passport back after cancelling it.
Will other visas in my old passport be cancelled?
No. The Consulate will not cancel any other visas or stamps in the passport.
Note: All fees are subject to change without notice.