With effect from 23 Feb 2009, SC parents may submit Singapore Citizenship application under SC by descent for their overseas born children below the age of 1 year, on line via Electronic Singapore Citizenship Application (eSC) https://esc.ica.gov.sg/esc/index.do with a SingPass account.
APPLICATION FOR SINGAPORE CITIZENSHIP
The Singapore High Commission could assist you to forward the application for Singapore Citizenship to the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority for processing for a child who is born overseas and who meets any of the following conditions:
- The father, who is a Singapore citizen by Birth and has a lawful marriage,
- The father, who is a Singapore citizen by Registration and has a lawful marriage. The child shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country.
- The mother, who is a Singapore citizen by Birth and the child born on or after 15 May 2004.
- The mother, who is a Singapore citizen by Registration and the child born on or after 15 May 2004. The child shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country.
Note: The application has to be submitted within one year of the child’s birth. Otherwise, a letter of explanation is required for late submission.
The following documents (original and photocopy) should be submitted:
- A set of completed application form (Form SCRM). The form can be downloaded from http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Citizen%20Services/FormSCRM.pdf.
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph of the child applying for citizenship.
- Parents’ identity cards;
- Parents’ citizenship certificates (if any);
- Parents’ passports;
- Parents’ entry permits and re-entry permits (if any);
- Parents’ marriage certificate. If the marriage is registered outside Singapore, a Statutory Declaration to the effect that the spouse is his one and only wife, is required;
- Parents’ divorce certificate/separation deed/custody document of child or children by previous spouses (if applicable) and spouse’s death certificate (if applicable);
- Parents’ academic/professional/educational certificates;
- Parents’ letter of employment from current employer stating date of employment, position held and monthly gross salary;
- Parents’ income tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and EPF contribution history for the last 12 months (preceding date of application);
- Parents’ latest computer information on business profile from Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (if any of the parent is an sole proprietor/partner or director of a company); and
- Child’s birth certificate.
Processing of application - S$100 (RM235) [non-refundable]
Citizenship Certificate - S$70 (RM165) [will be refunded if the application is unsuccessful]
Generally, 4 – 8 weeks
The parents of the child may apply for a Singapore passport on the child’s behalf upon receipt of the citizenship certificate. For Singapore International Passport application procedures, please see Passport (Application/Extension).