Application for e-Visa to Enter Singapore
Indian nationals holding ordinary Indian passports are required to apply for visa to enter Singapore prior to their visit to Singapore. Indian nationals holding official and diplomatic passports are exempted from the entry visa requirement. For other nationals, to find out if you require a visa to enter Singapore, you can contact the Mission or visit the website www.ica.gov.sg
With effect from 1st April 2009, the Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Chennai no longer accepts individual walk-in applications. All applications would be submitted via a new electronic visa (e-Visa) application system that allows visas to be processed online. Applications must be submitted to any of the Authorised Visa Agents (AVA) at Annex A. Applicants whose application has been approved, can have the e-Visa printed online by the Authorised Visa Agents (AVA).
Alternatively, a local sponsor in Singapore (with a Singpass account) can also submit your application online on your behalf.
Visa Application Forms
All visa applicants are required to complete the attached visa application form 14 A in full i.e. all columns and blank spaces to be completed.
The visa application form can also be downloaded from the website http://www.ica.gov.sg
The visa application forms are available free of charge at:
- Authorised Visa Agents (AVA) at Annex A
- Any Singapore Overseas Missions
Documents required for visa application
You can apply for your visa through any of the authorized Authorised Visa Agents (AVA). Please contact them for their operating hours. Visa applications will be accepted only when all of the following documents are in order:
- Valid passport with at least six months validity from the date of arrival in Singapore;
- Photocopies of the biodata and last page of passport;
- Duly completed and signed Form 14A and a covering letter stating clearly your purpose of visit to Singapore;
- Confirmed return ticket and copies of it. Airline staff traveling on open airticket need to produce a no objection certificate (NOC) from the airline concerned together with his/her staff identity card;
- 1 recent coloured passport size photograph adhered to the form (35 mm wide by 45 mm high without border and taken within the last 3 months; taken full face without headgear, unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his/her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant's features. The facial image must be between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crown; taken against a plain white background with matt or semi-matt finish.) Please note that scanned or unclear photographs will not be accepted and kindly ensure that your form is properly completed. Any incomplete submission or false declaration will result in the application being rejected;
- Any other relevant supporting documents deemed to merit the consideration of the application. (e.g. Letter of Introduction, In-Principal Approval Letter, Letter of Guarantee from Shipping Agent, Company Invitation Letter, Employment Letter, Residential Proof etc);
The visa processing fee and visa service fee for each application are 30 Singapore dollars* and INR 300 respectively. Visa processing fee and visa service fee are paid upon application of visas. The online payment mode accepts Master/ Visa, Debit/ Credit cards only. The processing fee and visa service fee are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission. (Kindly check with the respective authorised visa agents on the rates of the other administrative/miscellaneous fee levied if any)
* The visa processing fee charged by the authorised visa agents when converted to India rupees may vary based on the latest exchange rate on the day of application.
Service Standard on Processing Time
1 working day after submitting the application to the authorised visa agent. This excludes the day of submission, weekends and public holidays.
Every application will be considered on its own merits. Possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. Visitors must also meet entry requirements such as holding a valid passport, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket. The granting of entry and duration of stay to visitors will be determined by the Immigration Officers at Singapore checkpoints upon arrival. More information about visa requirements to Singapore, please click here.
The Consulate General does not handle enquires on Work Permit/Employment Pass/Student Pass/Training Pass applications. More information on these passes can be obtained from:
List of Authorised Visa Agents (AVA) - (Please click here)
List of Public Holidays - (Please click here)