The Consular Section of the Consulate-General provides assistance to Singaporeans who have lost their passports.
If your passport is lost or stolen, you will need to do the following:
- Please call the Consulate-General at 86527222 to inform us about the loss of your passport during office hours. After office hours, you can call the Duty Officer at +86-139 0807 3562.
- Lodge a loss report with the Entry-Exit Administration Bureau or the nearest Public Security Bureau. Request for a copy of the Confirmation of Loss of Passport Report.
- Prepare 3 passport-sized coloured photographs. Instant photographs are acceptable. Please bring along the photos, together with the police report, and any documentary proof of your citizenship and your identity (preferably with your photograph on it, e.g. NRIC or Driving licence) to the Consulate-General.
- After your identity has been verified, the Consulate-General will issue you with a temporary travel document known as a Document of Identity (DOI) for your return to Singapore. The issuance of the DOI is subject to approval by the Commissioner of Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- With the DOI, you will need to approach the Chengdu Entry-Exit Administration Bureau at the following address to obtain an Alien's Exit-Entry Permit before leaving China.
Division of Exit-Entry Administration of Chengdu Municipal Public Security Bureau
Address: 391 Shuncheng Street, Chengdu, Sichuan Province
Office hours: 9:00am to 12:00am; 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Contact no: 8628 - 8640 7364
- You may be required to prove to the Entry and Exit Bureau that you have registered with a hotel or a local police station when you first arrived in China. This is to facilitate investigation by the Entry and Exit Administration Bureau before they could issue you with an Exit Permit to leave China. It normally takes about 3-5 days to obtain the Exit Permit for foreigners who have lost their passports in China.
- Upon your return to Singapore, you will need to surrender the DOI and apply for a new passport at ICA.
- For Singapore citizens who are working/studying in the country, the Consulate-General will assist you in your application for a replacement passport. Please see Singapore Passport Application & Extension for instructions.
- If you manage to recover your lost passport, please inform the Consulate-General.
Fees Payable (with effect from 1 Jan 2007)
Document of Identity RMB 77
Replacement Passport RMB 660
1 working day (for DOI if identity of applicant can be verified.)
4-6 weeks (for replacement passport)
Collection of Passport
We will inform you of the collection date once we received your new passport from ICA.
Please contact the Consular Section of the Consulate-General at:
Tel: +(8628) 86527222
Fax: +(8628) 86527555
You may also wish to visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website for more information.