- His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, visited the Singapore Airshow 2014 on 12 February 2014 at the invitation of Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen. His Majesty was hosted to lunch by Minister Ng. His Majesty and Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleh were also hosted to tea by President Tony Tan Keng Yam and Mrs Mary Tan, and to dinner by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Mrs Lee.
- Singapore hosted the 15th Singapore-Brunei Exchange Visit (SBEV) from 27 to 28 October 2013. Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah led the high-level delegation from Brunei, which included Minister of Home Affairs Pehin Badaruddin Othman, Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports Pehin Hazair Abdullah, Minister of Development Pehin Suyoi Osman, Deputy Defence Minister Dato Mustappa Sirat, as well as senior officials from their respective ministries. During the visit, the Brunei Ministers met their respective counterparts to review and strengthen bilateral collaboration across a wide range of areas. Minister for Foreign Affairs and Minister for Law K Shanmugam hosted His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah and her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah and members of the Bruneian delegation to a welcome dinner on 27 October 2013. His Royal Highness also called on Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on 26 October 2013.
- Senior Minister of State (SMS) for Foreign Affairs and Home Affairs Masagos Zulkifli visited Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam to attend the Majlis Ilmu or Knowledge Convention 2013 at the invitation of the State Mufti of Brunei Darussalam Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Paduka Seri Setia (Dr) Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Aziz bin Juned. SMS Masagos also had a bilateral meeting with the State Mufti Pehin Abdul Aziz, where the two reaffirmed the commitment to strengthen bilateral ties.
- Minister, Prime Minister’s Office Lim Swee Say visited Brunei Darussalam from 14 to 16 September 2013 at the invitation of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, to attend His Majesty’s 67th birthday celebration on 15 September 2013. Minister Lim had an audience with His Majesty. Minister Lim conveyed birthday congratulations from Singapore’s leaders to His Majesty, and reaffirmed the longstanding friendship and close ties between Singapore and Brunei.
- Deputy Prime Minister (DPM), Coordinating Minister for National Security and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean led a group of young Singapore leaders to Brunei Darussalam from 19 to 21 August 2013. DPM Teo was accompanied by Minister for Education Heng Swee Keat, Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information Lawrence Wong, Senior Minister of State for Trade and Industry, and National Development, Lee Yi Shyan, Senior Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and Home Affairs Masagos Zulkifli, Senior Minister of State for Law and Education Indranee Rajah, Minister of State for Finance and Transport Josephine Teo and Parliamentary Secretary for Health and Transport Associate Professor Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim.
- During the visit, DPM Teo and the delegation had an audience with His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, while Mrs Teo had a separate audience with Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha. They also had an audience with and were hosted to lunch by His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince of Brunei Darussalam and her Royal Highness Princess Sarah. The delegation was hosted to lunch by His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and had an audience with Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna, Ambassador-at-Large. In addition, the delegation met various Ministers, including Minister of Education Pehin Haji Abu Bakar Apong and Minister of Home Affairs Pehin Haji Badaruddin Othman.
- On 11 August 2013, Senior Minister of State (SMS) for Foreign Affairs and Home Affairs Masagos Zulkifli and Senior Parliamentary Secretary (SPS) for National Development and Defence Dr Maliki Osman, together with their spouses, attended the Hari Raya Open House hosted by Brunei Minister of Home Affairs Pehin Badaruddin Othman. On the same day, SMS Masagos visited the Istana Nurul Iman to personally convey the Hari Raya wishes of Singapore’s leaders to the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Negara Brunei Darussalam, His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, and the Raja Isteri, Her Majesty Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha.
- President Tony Tan Keng Yam made his first State Visit to Negara Brunei Darussalam from 28 to 30 May 2013 at the invitation of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam. President and Mrs Mary Tan were hosted to a State Banquet by His Majesty the Sultan and Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha. President Tan also received a call by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah. President visited the Muara Naval Base and a Youth Centre (Pusat Belia). He also attended a lunch for Bruneian Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Permanent Secretaries who had previously studied in Singapore. In addition, President Tan met with overseas Singaporeans based in Brunei at a dinner reception, and visited SAF personnel and families based in Brunei.
During the visit, President Tan and His Majesty the Sultan reaffirmed the strong and longstanding ties between Brunei and Singapore. Both leaders noted the close and mutually beneficial defence cooperation between both countries, and reaffirmed the importance of the Currency Interchangeability Agreement in facilitating bilateral trade, investment and tourism. Both leaders also welcomed efforts to maintain and expand existing areas of collaboration that have been mutually beneficial, such as education, healthcare, and promoting stronger people-to-people ties, especially amongst our youth. In this regard, on the sidelines of the visit, the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Health Cooperation between the two health ministries was renewed, and a MOU on the Botanical Survey of Brunei Darussalam was signed between the National Parks Board and the Brunei Forestry Department. President Tan also expressed Singapore's full support for Brunei's Chairmanship of ASEAN, and welcomed Brunei's leadership towards achieving an ASEAN Community by 2015.
- Brunei’s Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office and Chairman of the Brunei Economic Development Board Dato Paduka Haji Ali bin Haji Apong visited Singapore from 12-18 May 2013 under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Distinguished Visitors Programme (DVP). The DVP, started in June 2005, invites outstanding foreign dignitaries to Singapore to help forge closer bilateral ties and foster mutual cooperation. Dato Ali Apong’s programme had a strong economic focus, touching on issues like encouraging SMEs and entrepreneurship, raising productivity and employment, and providing skills training. He called on Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Minister for Trade and Industry Lim Hng Kiang, and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Minister for Law K Shanmugam. He was also hosted to meals by Senior Parliamentary Secretary for National Development and Defence Dr Maliki Osman and Chairman of Economic Development Board Leo Yip. Dato Ali Apong also visited various economic agencies and educational institutions, including SPRING Singapore, IE Singapore, ITE College Central, the NorthLight School, MENDAKI, A*STAR and MDA. He also visited Jurong Town Corporation’s facilities at Jurong Island.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs and Minister for Law K Shanmugam hosted breakfast for Brunei Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade II Pehin Lim Jock Seng and Minister of Energy at the Prime Minister’s Office Pehin Yasmin Umar on 24 January 2013. Pehin Lim and Pehin Yasmin were in Singapore for a working visit.
- Senior Minister of State (SMS) for Foreign Affairs and Home Affairs Masagos Zulkifli visited Bandar Seri Begawan from 15 to 18 January 2013. SMS Masagos called on Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade II Pehin Lim Jock Seng, and expressed confidence in Brunei's 2013 ASEAN Chairmanship. Both Ministers reaffirmed the excellent bilateral ties between the two countries. SMS Masagos also led a study visit to the Narcotics Control Bureau and the Pusat Al-Islah, a state-managed drug rehabilitation centre, aimed at exploring collaboration between Singapore and Brunei in the fight against drug abuse.
. . . . .